Tuesday 19 January 2010

I have now cut and edited the film together and am choosing whats sounds and background music would compliment the video. This has taken way more time than I thought it would, I've realised how fussy I am in getting things perfect which can be a good and bad thing!! I wasn't sure whether to go with a more fine-arty, less melodic sound and have it as a tool to make the viewer recoil back and feel some of the distress the sufferer would feel. Or, choose something a bit more melancholy which would allow the viewer to concentrate more on the visuals and encourage more sympathetic emotion. I could always try bringing in the not so pleasant sounds at the end to demonstrate the build-up of the frustration and torment of their compulsions. I am recording myself counting over and over to reinforce the concept of repetition, and also because 'counting' kept coming up in examples of compulsions; to relieve the feeling of uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment